All matters relating to the Website are governed by the laws of the State of California, in the United States.
Once you register with the Website, you will automatically be set to “Connect’ with other users. Users that refer you the Website or that you refer to the Website via social media or other channels are considered “Connections.” We may share information about your preferences within the Website with your Connections. For example, when your Connections visit the website, we may share information about your wine preferences, winery preferences, events you’ve attended, or wine you’ve purchased. You can manage who you wish to connect with by visiting Connections on the Website or opt out of sharing altogether by visiting Settings on the website.
In addition to information that you provide us voluntarily, Simply Corked may collect aggregate information in the form of IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web. Web servers, the computers that “serve up” web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you request a page from the Website, our servers automatically log your IP address and certain other information, such as browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, data/time stamp, and clickstream data. We do not link this automatically-collected data to any data that is personally identifiable to you. Although your Website session may be logged, the automatically-collected data will not reveal to us any personally identifiable information about you.
Cookies and Other Tracking Devices
Cookies and other user tracking devices may be stored in your computer’s hard drive when you visit the Website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help improve access to the site and better identify repeat visitors. These tracking devices may also be used to help us speed up your future activities or to improve your experience by remembering the information that you have already provided to us. We do not use these devices to retrieve information from your computer that was not voluntarily provided by you.
Some of our business partners may also use these devices to provide us with anonymous data and information regarding the use of the Website. At your option, you may block or delete tracking devices from your hard drive. However, by disabling such tracking devices, you may not have access to the entire set of features of the Website.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use information collected from you in the following ways:
- We may use information for internal user activity and marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to the Website. We may also share non-personal information with others, such as advertisers, in aggregate, anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you.
- We may use your personal information in order to communicate with you about our products and services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our third party partners.
- We may arrange for selected organizations to send you marketing and promotional information that may be of interest to you, and we provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes. Visit Settings on the Website to update your communication preferences.
- Information that you post on or through any public areas of the Website is generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- We may transfer your personal information to third parties under confidentiality obligations for the performance of services provided to us or in connection with the administration and support of the activities noted above (e.g., the administration of a marketing campaign).
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our customers or users of the Website.
Our policies and procedures limit access to personal information to those with a business reason to know such information. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot represent, warrant, or guarantee that communications between you and us, or personal information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties, loss, misuse, or alterations. SIMPLY CORKED DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE, OR COMPROMISE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE. USERS ARE HEREBY ADVISED THAT THEY SUBMIT SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT THEIR OWN RISK.
You may request that we provide you the information we hold about you, update your information, or ask us to remove your information, or to correct any inaccuracies in such personal data by sending an email to email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to deal with your request within a reasonable time.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email or by means of a notice on our home page.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our Web site.
Effective Date. These Terms are effective as of: June 27, 2017.